Julia,
  The EO is English only and ELL is English Language Learners. :)  I know,
sometimes I don't have a clue what the acronym is people are using.
 I love your idea! A quiet rebellion.  I have a CAFE chart (similar to the
Sisters from Daily 5) on the wall and the children refer to it all the time
when
reading.  It's not on any testing per se, but the comprehension and word
analysis strategies are exactly what the kids need. I know what best practices
are and I feel that I'm being dragged away from them.  It confuses me when I
know what is best for the kids, yet I'm pulled by our PLC group and the
district.  I feel that kids at my school need 3rd grade, 3rd 1/2 grade, 4th
grade, etc.  They need time to grow in the English language.  We have a title 1
school in our district that has received numerous awards for achievement with
ELL students, yet when we receive these same students they are no longer
proficient...why would that be?

Happy Holidays to all.  I have 3 weeks off and I plan to enjoy it!
Brenda
CA'/4