Social Studies Apps * Historical Documents * Constitution - Contains full text
of U. S. Constitution with additional notes for each Article; Also includes
brief biographical information on signers of the Constitution. (Free) *
Declaration - Contains full text of the Declaration of Independence along with
images and biographical sketches of the signers. (Free) * Pocket Constitution -
Includes text of U. S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Articles
of Confederation with glossary feature; Other features include detailed
biographical information on the Founding Fathers, Interesting Facts, timelines,
and landmark Supreme Court cases. ($1.99) * World History Documents - Over 350
primary source documents and speeches from the course of world history.
Includes some audio and video clips to enhance understanding. ($2.99) * General
History * American History Funblast Trivia - Players answer American History
questions on a variety of topics; One or two player versions are available with
several game formats; Includes option to flag missed items for later review.
($0.99) * How Much do you Know about History - Players score points based on
speed and accuracy in a multiple choice format with both text and images;
Topics span ancient to modern history. (Free) * Pass the Past - Multiple choice
quiz in which players select an era in World or American History; Fifty-fifty,
hints, and phone a friend features are included. (Free) * Tap U.S. History-
Collection of events and dates; Quiz option included. * History Maps -
Collection includes a variety of maps organized by historical era.

Ohio Markers - From eTech Ohio it includes every historical marker throughout
the state with detail information about each historical site. (Free) *
Renaissance * Michaelango - Players move puzzle pieces to reconstruct over
forty famous Renaissance works of art by Michelangelo; Includes easy, medium,
and hard levels. (Free) * Renaissance Gallery - Contains images of Renaissance
art organized by Artist. (Free) * American Revolution * Quizicals American
Revolution - Contains biographical information and quotations from America's
Founding Fathers; Users may search by individual or by topic; Also includes
quiz option. ($1.99) * Shmoop The American Revolution - Interactive tutorial
contains summary, significance, analysis, timelines, glossary, quotations,
biographical information, and trivia; Also includes a quiz option. ($1.99) *
Civilization Revolution - A classic game from Sid Meier where students can
design their own civilization during the era of the American Revolution.
($6.99/ lite version available) * Fathers Free - Contains biographical
information and quotations from America's Founding Fathers; Users may search by
individual or by topic; Also includes quiz option. (Free) * In Fact USA -
Players are given locations, images, or other facts and must match them to the
correct state. ($0.99/ lite version available) * Heritage Fotopedia -
Photographs with descriptions from around the world. (Free) * Project Noah -
Allows students to contribute to the body of research about their natural world
while learning from others as well. (Free) * National Underground Railroad
Freedom Center - Self-guided virtual tour of 50 years of history documenting
the path from slavery to freedom. (Free) * UN Reader - Read the latest news
from the UN. (Free) * United Nations - Anything and everything you ever wanted
to know about the United Nations including the latest news. (Free) * GEO Walk -
Spin the globe and pop the bubbles to see information about any region of the
world. Graphically very appealing! ($2.99)

Mathematics * Number Sense * PearlDiver - Students are given a number and
"dive" through obstacles to place the number on the correct place on a number
line (Free) * Match-Up Math - Challenge students to a Mah-Jong type game where
they can match combinations of decimals, fractions, and percents. ($2.99) *
Number Line - Students are given a variety of fractions, decimals, and percents
and must place them in their proper position on a number line. (Free) * Motion
Math - Students use the accelerometer to navigate a bouncing number to its
proper position on a number line at the bottom of the screen. ($0.99) *
MathKnack Genius- Students must use order of operations to make math equations
true. They have the option of playing a solo game or against a classmate.
($0.99) * NineGaps - A sudoku type game where students place the numbers one
through nine into the equation grid to balance the grid. ($0.99/ lite version
available) * Random - Generates random numbers, great for probability
experiments. (Free) * Rocket Math - Students solve math problems to earn pieces
to make a rocket. Includes varying degrees of difficulty for easy
differentiation. ($0.99/ lite version available) * Pi - calculates pi to any
number of digits that you request. (Free) * Math Ninja - Solve math equations
as quick as you can to defend your tree house using your ninja-like skills. The
faster you solve, the more ninja power you have. ($1.99/ lite version
available) * Fractions * TicTacMath-Fractions - Tic-tac-tie game where students
can play against the computer or a classmate and must solve fraction problems
of varying complexity to place their mark on the game board. ($4.99) *
Fractions (Tap To Learn) - Students learn and study all aspects of fractions.
($0.99) * Algebra * meStudying Algebra I - General study guide covering a wide
range of topics from Algebra I, including sample problems to solve. ($4.99) *
Equation Genius - Check your solutions on anything from first degree equations
to systems of equations with three unknowns. (Free) * Khan Academy Algebra -
Video tutorials on a wide range of Algebra topics. (Free) * Khan Academy
Pre-Algebra - Video tutorials on a wide range of Pre-Algebra topics. (Free) *
yourTeacher.com Slope-Intercept Form - Simple review of slope-intercept. (Free)
* TicTacMath-Algebra - Tic-tac-tie game where students can play against the
computer or a classmate and must solve algebraic problems of varying complexity
to place their mark on the game board. ($4.99) * Pre-Algebra Guide - Covers 325
topics in Algebra I complete with examples. ($1.99) * Hot Potato Algebra - Use
the iPod as a real-life hot potato as you solve algebra problems as quickly as
possible before you pass it on to a friend. (Free) * Factor Race - Players must
identify the factors of binomial and trinomial equations to advance in the
race. (Free) * Algebra Champ - Introductory algebra skills are introduced with
a prize fighting theme. (Free) * Geometry * iPolygons - Provides basic
information about polygons. (Free) * Polygons - Easy Math Fun - Gives interior
and exterior angle measures for polygons and includes a glossary of common
geometric terms. ($0.99) *Math Games * Slice It! - Students are challenged to
cut geometric figures into congruent pieces. ($0.99) * Slice It! Begins - Free
version of Slice It! (Free) * SET - App version of the classic card game where
students are challenged to match sets using up to three variables. ($2.99) *
Geared - Match the different size gears to make them function as a machine.
($0.99/ free lite version available) * Tangram Puzzle Pro - Use tangram pieces
to make various shapes and pictures. ($0.99/ free lite version available) *
UConnect - Connect a pattern of dots without lifting your finger or retracing
your lines. ($1.99/ free lite version available) * sudoku2 - Classic sudoku.
(Free) * Math Flash Cards - Flashcards using binary functions with numbers up
through twelve. You can set the difficulty level of the Flashcards and get
immediate feedback on how students are progressing at mastering their math
facts. ($0.99) * Free GraCalc - A simple graphing calculator. (Free) * MATHO 2
- Compete against a friend in a bingo style math game using binary functions
and varying degrees of complexity. ($0.99) * Math Contests - Sample contests
for the Ohio Math League for grades four through eight. The app scores the
practice contest for you. (Free/ teacher edition app also available free) *
iLiveMath-Winter Sports - Awesome graphics keep students engaged as they solve
real-world math problems ranging from addition and subtraction to averaging
numbers. ($0.99 with different iLiveMath apps available for $4.99) * Math
Snacks - Amazingly hilarious videos with lesson plans for teaching ratio and
proportion. (Free) * iFractal - Generates different fractals. (Free) * Convert
~ the unit calculator - Converts units of measure for just about any unit
imaginable. ($1.99) * Who Wants to be a Mathionaire? - Just like the TV game
show, but all math! Topics range from algebra, arithmetic, geometry,
probability, logic, and others. ($1.99) * Wolfram Alpha - The ultimate database
of mathematical information. Ask any question or type in any problem and Alpha
will give you the answer, a visual depiction, and all the details! ($1.99)

Language Arts *Word Games * Boggle - Single or multiple players search for
words in a scrambled grid of letters to earn points. ($0.99) * Scrabble -
Single or multiple players must form words with given word tiles to earn
points; Includes dictionary and additional assistance features. ($1.99/ lite
version available) * Mad Libs - Students supply various parts of speech to
create themed stories (Free) * Chicktionary - Players are given "eggs" with
letters and must score points by creating words with the provided letters.
($1.99/ lite and Bing versions available for Free) * MadGab - Language Arts
logic puzzles. (Free) *Grammar Jammers * Primary - Students watch various
grammar tutorials set to music after which a brief quiz is given; Once quiz
questions are mastered, players may access a practice game. Corresponds with
Scott Foresman curriculum. (Free) * Elementary - see above ($2.99) * Middle -
see above ($2.99) * Dictionary * Dictionary.com - Comprehensive dictionary.
(Free) * Merriam Webster - Comprehensive dictionary. (Free) * Reading * Vocab
Ghost - Three version based on the books The Impossible Dive, The Queen and Mr.
Cunningham, and The Day they Skipped Emma's Party where students become
vocabulary experts by choosing the appropriate words to journey through a video
game type interface. (Free) * K-12 Timed Reading - Help students practice their
fluency with this app from the online education school, K-12. (Free) * Books *
Kindle - eBook reader. (Free) * iBooks - ebook reader. (Free) * The Secret
Garden - Novel by Louisa May Alcott. (Free) * Gulliver's Travels - Novel by
Jonathan Swift. ($0.99) * Classics - Various classical works of literature.
(Free) * Stanza - eBook reader. (Free) * Shakespeare - Complete works of
William Shakespeare with search feature. (Free) *Writing * Grammar Express:
Active and Passive Voice - Teaches active and passive voice in writing through
the use of tutorials and self-check quizzes. Includes Progress Meter to track
progress. Full paid version available. (Free) * Grammar Express: Parts of
Speech - Teaches the parts of speech through the use of tutorials and
self-check quizzes. Full paid version available. Includes Progress Meter to
track progress. (Free) * Grammar Express: Prepositions - Teaches proper
preposition use through the use of tutorials and self-check quizzes. Full paid
version available. Includes Progress Meter to track progress. (Free) * Grammar
Express: Tenses - Teaches proper verb tenses through the use of tutorials and
selfcheck quizzes. Full paid version available. Includes Progress Meter to
track progress. (Free) * English Idioms Illustrated - The story behind common
idioms with cartoon illustrations of each idiom. (Free)

Science * General Science * 101 Science - Based on the popular book, students
can answer multiple choice questions from different science strands including
general science, biology, physics, earth science, and chemistry. (Free) *
Science Facts - Students can read randomly generated facts on various science
topics. (Free) * bistro Science - Gathers the latest news from the science
fields and provides easy links. (Free) * Science Quiz - Multiple choice
questions on many science topics including biology, zoology, earth, inventions,
and space. Students can take a mock test and track their progress with the
progress monitoring feature. ($0.99/ lite version available) * Science@VL - A
comprehensive glossary of scientific terms. (Free) * Science Games * Cut the
Rope - Students can practice basic laws of physics when the cut the dangling
food from the swinging rope to feed an cute little alien. ($0.99/ lite version
available) * Feed Al - A finger physics odyssey where students place shapes in
various locations to create a maze where other objects can get to their desired
location using the basic laws of physics. (Free) * Chemistry * Mahjong
Chemistry - Use the ancient Mahjong game to match tiles with elemental names to
their symbols. (Free) * Astronomy * NASA - Information on NASA missions,
images, videos and much more. (Free) * Astronomy Aficionado - Over 200
interesting questions for students on astronomy. ($0.99) * 8 Planets - Students
learn about the planets using four different game types: Names, Spelling,
Matching, and Black Hole. (Free/ pro-version available for $2.99) * PixPop
Smithsonian - Turns pictures from the National Air and Space Museum into a
puzzle for students to solve and match. ($0.99) * Tasa Geology Pangea -
Illustrates the break-up of Pangea over time. ($0.99) * The Weather Channel -
View current weather conditions in any location around the world. (Free) *
iBabyBT - Enter the blood type of both parents and the app will generate
possible blood types and Rh factors for the offspring. (Free) * EMD Periodic
Table of Elements - Interactive periodic table of elements with molar mass
calculator and more. Has a classroom presentation mode which supports. (Free) *
MATSOL - Engineering toolkit. (Free) * Coaster Physics - Use the laws of
physics to create your own virtual coaster then ride your coaster and measure
your g-forces. ($0.99) * Google Earth - Navigate the world with a swipe of your
finger. (Free) * Liquid dynamics - Ok, it's just a really cool simulator of
motion in water but it does allow students to adjust the stiffness, density,
elasticity, and other functions to see how the simulated water responds. (Free)
* Bridge Basher - Design and build your own bridge and then see how much weigh
it can hold before it collapses. ($0.99)

Other *Trivia Games * Cool Facts - Random facts (kids love this!) ($0.99) *
Cash Cab - Play Cash Cab, just like the TV show. ($2.99/ lite version
available) * Ben Stein's It'sTriviaLite - Trivia quiz game. (Free/ full version
available for $2.99) * QuizQuizQuiz - Trivia quiz game with multi-player modes.
($0.99) * Lumosity Brain Trainer - Keep your frontal lobe working with this
brain trainer. Online account required to unlock addition content. (Free) *
Brain Quest * Grade 2 - Just like the card games with a variety of categories
and challenges designed to be grade-level appropriate. ($2.99) * Grade 4 - see
above. ($2.99) * Discovery - Videos, news, quizzes and photos from the popular
Discovery channel. (Free) * EyeTricks - Optical illusions. ($0.99) * Translator
- Translate from any virtually any language into any other language. (Free) *
MiniPiano - A small piano that students can play and create their own music.
(Free) * MotionX-Dice - Roll virtual dice with this app. (Free) * Fit it! -
Fill the grid by placing various pieces. ($0.99) * BrainPOP - Watch BrainPOP
video of the day. (Free) * Tally Counter - Simple tally counter. Great for
tracking turns or flips of a coin. * How Stuff Works - Compendium of answers to
common questions about everyday things. (Free) * Animoto - Make music videos
from pictures on your iPod. (Free) * Battleship - App version of the classic
Battleship game with very engaging graphics. ($0.99) * Study Aid - Create your
own flashcard sets from which to study. ($1.99) * Google Translate - Translate
between any two languages. (Free) * Smithsonian Channel - Watch Smithsonian
videos, documentaries, or check out the fun facts. (Free) * SchoolTools -
Developed by high schoolers for high schoolers with all the essential tools
they deemed necessary to traverse high school curriculum. Covers information
from all four major content areas. ($0.99/ lite version available)