I would recommend the QRI5 (Qualitative Reading Inventory, 5th edition) as
well.  A QRI  can help you pinpoint where a student's reading breaks down.
Know that it is somewhat time consuming; 1:1, 20-30 min. per
student.  However, once you move to diagnosing or troubleshooting kids with
reading difficulties that are deeply rooted, or puzzling, it becomes
essential. We used QRI's in our reading clinic and found that by
pinpointing a student's reading needs, we were able
to streamline interventions, while witnessing immediate results.

--

*Cindy Brovold*
*Literacy Coach

 *“*Literacy arouses hopes, not only in society as a whole but also in the
individual who is striving for fulfilment, happiness and personal benefit
by learning how to read and write. Literacy... means far more than learning
how to read and write... The aim is to transmit... knowledge and promote
social participation.*”*

- UNESCO Institute for Education, Hamburg, Germany