Stephen Krashen has all the research.  Go to his website.  You can download
particular articles.  You might ask his advice about which ones would be good
to hand to your particular audience/administration.  He is a wonderful educator
helping all of us to support our best practices!!

Allington's work is also good on this.  I like his Six T's article - I'll try
to find the link for you tomorrow.  He summarizes the extensive research done
with Peter Johnston.  Research over # years in a variety of states, variety of
school contexts.  They found six themes or characteristics of the practices of
the most effective teachers (including picked by administrators and families)
and test scores as well.  One of the Ts was time to read....lots and lots of
reading.  I really really like this article and so have my teacher ed students
and teachers I've worked with in schools.  Very readable.  Very powerful.  In
fact this would be one of my best picks to try....  and it was substantiated by
rigorous research in a very large study.  too late tonight but I'llt ry to look
for it tomorrow.

Sally