Mistakes are something we all make. Children need to see how we as teachers
take mistakes and turn them into teachable moments. I worry that teachable
moments are something few and far between in our classrooms today. So much
pressure is being placed on testing scores. Many of our economically
disadvantaged children are being made to feel like they are failures and
can never be good enough. I love this book and enjoy reading your thoughts.
Thanks for the conversations to help make me better. I am a kindergarten
teacher in Texas. I have been in the classroom for 26 years and love my job
but most of all I love watching my students GROW in knowledge.

Shirla Mullins
Kindergarten
Bonham Elementary