From: Myclass09 myclas...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:43:11 -0400
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] First Grade Guided Reading Groups

This is a great question, Jessica! You named the struggle that so many
students
and teachers have, I think especially in high-poverty schools. Our students
are
smart and capable, but it is a struggle to engage them and to sustain their
attention!!
I love the suggestion about 20 minutes of sustained physical activity in
the morning.
Our school is under such intense scrutiny from the school district and the
state, it
would take a year to get permission for that exercise program!

Keep up the good work! Our kids are worth it : )

--
Lesley