Hi Chris,
Thanks for clarification, so the lattice format is different with confusion network format but in moses binary, there are only two options for inputtype: -inputtype: text (0) or confusion network (1)

It does n't recognize the lattice format input.
This is an example of lattice translation error:

echo "((('A',1.0,1),),(('B',1.0,1),),)" | moses -f moses.ini -inputtype 1
Defined parameters (per moses.ini or switch):
       config: moses.ini
       distortion-limit: 6
       input-factors: 0
       inputtype: 1
       lmodel-file: 0 0 3 /SMT/Workplace/Linh/IWSLT_0802/train.en.srilm
       mapping: 0 T 0
ttable-file: 0 0 5 /SMT/Workplace/Linh/IWSLT_0802/gold_morph_space/model/phrase-table.bin
       ttable-limit: 20 0
       weight-d: 0.6
       weight-l: 0.5000
       weight-t: 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2
       weight-w: -1
have 0 models
Start loading LanguageModel /SMT/Workplace/Linh/IWSLT_0802/train.en.srilm : [0.000] seconds
Finished loading LanguageModels : [0.000] seconds
Start loading PhraseTable /SMT/Workplace/Linh/IWSLT_0802/gold_morph_space/model/phrase-table.bin : [0.000] seconds
using binary phrase tables for idx 0
reading bin ttable
size of OFF_T 8
binary phrasefile loaded, default OFF_T: -1
Finished loading phrase tables : [0.000] seconds
IO from STDOUT/STDIN
Created input-output object : [0.000] seconds
read confusion net with format 0
End. : [0.000] seconds
confusion net statistics:
created:       1
destroyed:     1
succ. read:    0
columns:       0
words: 0
avg. word/column:      nan
avg. cols/sent:        nan

Let me know if I made mistake somewhere.

Thanks
Linh

Chris Dyer wrote:
 I am still confused about the lattice format,
 In your examples:

 1 ((('A',1.0,1),),(('B',1.0,1),),)
 2 ((('A',1.0,1),('Z',1.0,2),),(('B',1.0,1),),(('C',1.0,1),),)

 Can I interpret it as:
 from node 0 to node 1 there are 2 lattices: (('A',1.0,1),) and
 (('B',1.0,1),)
Each entire lattice is encoded on a single line.  In line 1, there are
two arcs from node 0 to node 1, 'A' and 'B'. The 1.0 is the cost of
the arc and the "1" is the length of the arc (measured in nodes).  In
line two, node 0 has two arcs, arc 'A' that goes to node 1 and arc 'Z'
that goes to node 2. Node 1 has a single arc, 'B', that goes to node
2.  Node 2 has a single arc 'C' that goes to 3.

 And also  what are the meaning of number 1.0 and 1, 2 there? where can I put
the lattice probabilities?
 Is it possible to add an empty lattice (so that the decoder skip a word)?
Currently, moses only lets you specify a single cost for an arc, and
it is actually treated as a probability (the decoder sees it as
-log(p) -- you can change this in WordLattice.cpp if you want to deal
with more conventional costs, but the rest of the inputs to the
decoder are given as probabilities so I wanted to be consistent).  If
you want a null transition, set the arc label to '*eps*' and the
decoder will treat this as a null.

--Chris

 Linh

http://mosesdecoder.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mosesdecoder/trunk/regression-testing/tests/