Hi everybody,

I had previously asked a question on this list if my MOSES setup seemed
reasonable to anybody.  Carlos Henriquez replied, suggesting that I
tried tuning, for which thanks!

Now I am trying this tuning process out and have would be much obliged
if somebody could check if I've got the procedure right.

I have split my original training data into training' and dev.  I ran
trained moses on training' which resulted in a directory

  mydata/model
  mydata/model/moses.ini
  mydata/model/some_other_important_files

I then ran the tuning script as
  cd mydata/model
  ${MOSES_SCRIPTS}/training/mert-moses.pl\
    ../dev-source-language\
    ../dev-target-language\
    /usr/local/bin/moses

This gave me
  mydata/model/mert-work
  mydata/model/mert-work/moses.ini
  mydata/model/merk-work/some_other_important_files

I intend to run moses on the test data as follows
  cd mydata
  moses -f model/mert-work/moses.ini < test-source-language

Does that sound right?

Also, I get this warning

> Use of uninitialized value within @WORD_FACTOR in concatenation (.) or
> string at ${MOSES_SCRIPTS}/training/filter-model-given-input.pl line
> 132, <INPUT> line 1.

Have I done something wrong?  I'm using an unfactored model, for what
it's worth.  Interestingly, if I run the script a second time, I do not
get this complaint.

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9