Hi Alex

Philipp is correct, multi-threaded moses is unlikely to work with randlm since
the latter uses a (presumably) non-thread-safe cache.

As regards the compile error, this is due to a recent change in the mbr code,
and the fact that we don't have a regression test to pick it up. I should be
able to fix the compile error fairly quickly, but at the moment I'm not sure
what to do about the regression test.  Ideally I'd like to get rid of the
separate main for mosesmt, although we'd still have to have compiler switches
which would leave us open to these issues.

If you roll back to 2636 then mosesmt should compile fine.

You mentioned some "weird use of -DWITH_THREADS" - do you mean the failure of
(eg) the test of Ngram.h ? I think this is due to a different problem with
configure.ac, which would explain why I keep seeing errors like "WARNING:
Ngram.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!" !

cheers
Barry

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:28, Alexander Fraser wrote:
> Hi Barry and other folks,
>
> I'm also having trouble compiling Moses with threads and RandLM, there
> seems to be a bug in MainMT.cpp ?
>
> Here is what I am doing:
>
> Get fresh copy of Moses (I did this on Monday night).
>
> ./regenerate-makefiles.sh
> ./configure --enable-threads
> --with-srilm=/home/users6/fraser/statmt/srilm-1.5.7
> --with-randlm=/home/users6/fraser/statmt/randlm-v0.11
> --with-boost=/home/users6/fraser --with-boost-thread=boost_thread
> make
>
> (The last argument --with-boost-thread is necessary to stop it from
> picking up the globally installed boost thread library).
>
> I attach config.log, which makes it through fine (though I think there
> is some weird use of -DWITH_THREADS in there which might be
> interesting).
>
> I also attach make.log (which only contains the compilation error, I
> typed make twice).
>
> Let me know if I can provide any more info.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Cheers, Alex

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.