Hi Barry and Philipp,

> Philipp is correct, multi-threaded moses is unlikely to work with randlm since
> the latter uses a (presumably) non-thread-safe cache.

Darn, RandLM would be really useful together with threading because
our cluster has low memory machines with 8 processors. David or Miles,
any chance I could convince you to fix this soon?

> As regards the compile error, this is due to a recent change in the mbr code,
> and the fact that we don't have a regression test to pick it up. I should be
> able to fix the compile error fairly quickly, but at the moment I'm not sure
> what to do about the regression test.  Ideally I'd like to get rid of the
> separate main for mosesmt, although we'd still have to have compiler switches
> which would leave us open to these issues.
>
> If you roll back to 2636 then mosesmt should compile fine.

It compiles for me without RandLM fine. BTW, it would be cool to stick
something about -threads in the moses usage when compiled with
threads.

> You mentioned some "weird use of -DWITH_THREADS" - do you mean the failure of
> (eg) the test of Ngram.h ? I think this is due to a different problem with
> configure.ac, which would explain why I keep seeing errors like "WARNING:
> Ngram.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!" !

Ngram.h always fails for me (regardless of whether using threads or
not), there is something that causes it to try to invoke a null
command:

configure:5997: checking Ngram.h presence
configure:6012:   -I/home/users6/fraser/statmt/srilm-1.5.7/include conftest.cpp
./configure: line 6014:
-I/home/users6/fraser/statmt/srilm-1.5.7/include: No such file or
directory

The -DWITH_THREADS thing causes other things to fail (only when
building with threads), such as getopt.h.

These failures make no difference, since all of the things that fail
get something like:

configure:6537: WARNING: getopt.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected
by the preprocessor!
configure:6539: WARNING: getopt.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

See the config.log I posted on my previous message (or let me know if
I should send you a copy directly) for more examples.

Cheers, Alex