Hi,

I am a bit confused by this, by default the config file is in the
model directory and tuning is informed as such.

Here for instance one example on the step definition in a TUNING_tune.4:

/home/pkoehn/moses/scripts/training/mert-moses.pl
/home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/tuning/input.tc.4
/home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/tuning/reference.tc.4
/home/pkoehn/moses/moses-cmd/src/mosesmt.3409
/home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/model/moses.ini.4 --nbest 100
--working-dir /home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/tuning/tmp.4
--decoder-flags "-threads 8 -v 0 " --rootdir
/home/pkoehn/moses/scripts -mertdir /home/pkoehn/moses/mert
--filtercmd '/home/pkoehn/moses/scripts/training/filter-model-given-input.pl
-Binarizer "/home/pkoehn/moses/misc/processPhraseTable"'

Note that it points to ".../model/moses.ini.4"

Sometimes what happens is that tuning crashes and no new configuration file is
created in the tuning directory. That triggers the error message that such a
file does not exist, when the attempt is made to copy it.

Also in TUNING_tune:
cp /home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/tuning/tmp.4/moses.ini
/home/pkoehn/experiment/fuzzy-acquis/tuning/moses.ini.4

-phi