Hi,

there is no notion of special tokens such as placeholders, so they
may be reordered at will.

Your intended behaviour could be addressed with XML markup:
http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.AdvancedFeatures#ntoc15

Alternatively, you can remove all placeholders from the input,
record their position and then use the word alignment reported
by the decoder to place tags.

-phi