Hi Barry,
I tried to use absolute paths like this:

hli@themisto:~$ /home/hli/MT/moses/scripts/training/train-model.perl
/home/hli/MT -corpus /home/hli/MT/lm/1545.test.lowercased -external-bin-dir
/home/hli/MT/bin -e de -f ade -alignment grow-diag-final-and -reordering
msd-bidirectional-fe -lm 0:3:/home/hli/MT/lm/1545.test.lm >& training.out &

but the same error still exists.

Is that anything wrong with my corpus?

Best,
Hui