Hi Davood

From line 20113 onwards there's a whole bunch of error messages indicating that the giza alignment didn't run properly, so then the resulting phrase extraction didn't work. I can't actually see why giza failed though - possibly the corpus was not preprocessed correctly. I'm not familiar with the arabic tool chain,

cheers - Barry

On 16/06/15 18:24, Davood Mohammadifar wrote:
Thanks Barry.

I attached log file. The file reports two training phases. (after "(9) create moses.ini", the second training report has been appended).

I executed following instruction for both:

nohup nice /home/hieu/workspace/github/mosesdecoder/scripts/training/train-model.perl -mgiza -mgiza-cpus 2 -parallel -sort-batch-size 253 -sort-compress gzip -root-dir /home/hieu/train -corpus /home/hieu/corpus/training/training.clean -f fa -e en -alignment grow-diag-final-and -reordering msd-bidirectional-fe -lm 0:3:/home/hieu/lm/training.blm.en:8 -external-bin-dir /home/hieu/workspace/github/mosesdecoder/tools

Is there any error or unusual thing in it?

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:01:10 +0100
From: bhad...@staffmail.ed.ac.uk
To: davood...@hotmail.com; moses-support@mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Moses-support] Different phrase tables with same dataset

Hi Davood

It isn't normal to get such large differences in phrase table size or quality, on the same data set, although small variations are possible. You should check carefully that you used exactly the same settings in each run, and check if anything went wrong during training (errors in the log file),

cheers - Barry