what pt implementation did you use, and had it been pre-pruned so that
there's a limit on how many target phrase for a particular source phrase?
ie. don't have 10,000 entries for 'the' .

I've been digging around multithreading in the last few weeks. I've noticed
that the compact pt is VERY bad at handling unpruned pt.
    Cores               1 5 10 15 20 25 Unpruned compact pt 143 42 32 38 52
62   probing pt 245 58 33 25 24 21 Pruned compact pt 119 24 15 10 10
10   probing
pt 117 25 25 10 10 10

Hieu Hoang
http://www.hoang.co.uk/hieu