I am looking for a PhD or MSc+PhD student to join the statistical
machine translation group at the University of Edinburgh, home of Moses.
 The position is fully funded including stipend, tuition, travel, and
equipment for students of any nationality.

Students are invited to propose their own topic or take inspiration from
these:

- Efficiently training and applying models, including neural models.

- Systems problems, such as memory hierarchy and batch processing, with
applications to MT or NLP.

- Application of MT technologies to other areas, such as grammar and
spelling correction.

- Speech-to-speech translation.

- Neural reinforcement learning.

- Knowledge graphs and translation.

For the PhD, apply then e-mail me:

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/postgraduate/degrees/index.php?r=site/view&id=491

For the MSc+PhD, contact me before applying so we can match you with the
best program.

I am also happy to hear from potential postdocs or visitors.

Kenneth Heafield