-------------------------------1169425514

MN Birders...

I'm sorry for the late report but we just got back home and have access to a
computer.  John Bissell and I came up and birded Aitkin, St. Louis, and Dakota
Counties (plus a few other spots) this weekend.  It was a great time as
usual.  Besides some of the birds reported today and yesterday to the list, we
also
saw:

Sax-Zim (1/19)
----------
- Boreal Chickadees on Lake Nichols Rd and on Stickney Rd (north of Arkola)
- Gray Jays on Lake Nichols Rd (2) and Admiral Rd (3)
- Northern Shrikes on Admiral Rd and McDavitt Rd
- White-winged Crossbills (8) on Arkola just west of Owl Ave

Duluth area
--------------
- White-winged Scoter in Canal Park canal
- Long-tailed Duck in Canal Park canal
- Harlequin Ducks (male and female) in Canal Park in the corner of the lake
- Townsend's Solitaire at Park Point across from the public restrooms
- Snowy Owl on a crane by the big dirt/sand mounds east of Goodwill

Superior, WI
----------------
- 1W Thayer's and 1W Iceland Gulls at landfill
- ~400 other gulls on the ice off of Wisconsion Point (too far to ID them!)

Two Harbors
---------------
- American Three-toed Woodpecker (female) behind the lighthouse
- Red-breasted Mergansers in Agate Bay

Dakota Co.
-------------
- searched for the Gyrfalcon for around 3 hours this morning but didn't see
it; also missed the previously-reported Mountain Bluebird

Good birding...

Jay Gilliam
Norwalk, IA

-------------------------------1169425514

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>MN Birders...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm sorry for the late report but we just got back home and have access=
 to a computer.&nbsp; John Bissell and I came up and birded Aitkin, St. Loui=
s, and Dakota Counties (plus a few other spots) this weekend.&nbsp; It was a=
 great time as usual.&nbsp; Besides some of the birds reported today and yes=
terday to the list, we also saw:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sax-Zim (1/19)</DIV>
<DIV>----------</DIV>
<DIV>- Boreal Chickadees on Lake Nichols Rd and on Stickney Rd (north of Ark=
ola)</DIV>
<DIV>- Gray Jays on Lake Nichols Rd (2) and Admiral Rd (3)</DIV>
<DIV>- Northern Shrikes on Admiral Rd and McDavitt Rd</DIV>
<DIV>- White-winged Crossbills (8) on Arkola just west of Owl Ave</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Duluth area</DIV>
<DIV>--------------</DIV>
<DIV>- White-winged Scoter in Canal Park canal</DIV>
<DIV>- Long-tailed Duck in Canal Park canal</DIV>
<DIV>- Harlequin Ducks (male and female) in Canal Park in the corner of the=20=
lake</DIV>
<DIV>-&nbsp;Townsend's Solitaire at Park Point across from the public restro=
oms</DIV>
<DIV>-&nbsp;Snowy Owl on a crane by the big dirt/sand mounds east of Goodwil=
l</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Superior, WI</DIV>
<DIV>----------------</DIV>
<DIV>- 1W Thayer's and 1W Iceland Gulls at landfill</DIV>
<DIV>- ~400 other gulls on the ice off of Wisconsion Point (too far to ID th=
em!)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Two Harbors</DIV>
<DIV>---------------</DIV>
<DIV>- American Three-toed Woodpecker (female) behind the lighthouse</DIV>
<DIV>- Red-breasted Mergansers&nbsp;in Agate Bay</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dakota Co.</DIV>
<DIV>- searched for the Gyrfalcon for around 3 hours this morning but didn't=
 see it; also missed the previously-reported Mountain Bluebird </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Good birding...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>