About 5 PM this evening I was walking the road to McNally Landing in Winona,
when I heard a good deal of clatter.  I looked up, and noticed a fairly
conspicuous Common Nighthawk roosting on a branch over the road.  For a good
minute or two I heard chatter, and noticed near the nighthawk:

2 Eastern Bluebirds
1 Eastern Phoebe
1 Downy Woodpecker
1 Magnolia Warbler

A car then drove under the branch, and the nighthawk flew north.  The other
birds disappeared and wouldn't reappear to my pishing.

I've never seen birds harrass a nightjar before (I would have been more
appreciative if the birds were calling my attention to a Chuck-Will's-Widow,
heh, heh).

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN
More photos; more messages; more whatever ? Get MORE with Windows Live?
Hotmail?. NOW with 5GB storage.