On the St. Paul CBC on Saturday, my team (Lee Pfannmueller, Gary Seim, Dave Zumeta, Bob Titzler, and I) counted 808 American Robins in SW St. Paul and SE Minneapolis. Of those, 650 were feeding on hackberries in the Summit Avenue median between Cretin and Cleveland Avenues, a distance of a quarter-mile (accompanied by a Cooper's Hawk and two Merlins). I have complete reports from only a couple of the 14 other teams and eight feeder watchers, so it will be a while before I have a complete report. I do know that 25 Trumpeter Swans were on Sucker Lake, and at least one Am. White Pelican (I don't have the number) was at the Pig's Eye treatment plant outflow.

Julian

From: "Forest & Kirsten Strnad" <carow...@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, December 22, 2008 1:33 PM
To: <MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Subject: [mou-net] American Robins

From the FOREST along the Straight River in Faribault:

I have seen an an occasional American Robin the past 10 days. On Saturday, December 21, 2008, for our Faribault CBC, I saw 20 American Robins fly over. Today about 1:00 p.m. I counted 43 Americans Robins fly over our bird feeder area. I wonder what they are eating in the tangle along the river area.

Forest Strnad
Faribault, Mn.