I took an impromptu trip up to Sax Zim today.  While there I photgr

I took an impromptu trip up to Sax Zim today.  While there I photgraphed gray
jays, boreal chickadee, and redpoll at the deer carcass feeder on Admiral, a
black backed woodpecker on McDavvit, bald eagle on a carcass near the
Meadowlands, and a great gray owl on highway 7 1.6 miles north of Sax Road. I
photographed the owl at around 4:40 on a telephone pole at the west side of the
road. It flew into the woods behind the poll after I watched it for a few
minutes. I ran into Kim Eckart's birding group shortly after and directed them
to where I had seen the owl.

During the day I also saw a northern hawk owl, where Kim had told me that they
had seen it, on highway 7 just south of Sax Road but it was too far way across
the field to get a picture. I also saw a black billed magpie and a brown
creeper but was unable to get a pic.

Pics will be up on the blog shortly.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer