The information from my last email about the Common Loon was going off the
Sibley Guide to Birds, which was all I had with me at the time of observation.
After viewing several other sources and images on the internet I am not quite
as sure of my initial ID, though it is still the most likely. I do remember the
loon having more of an upturned bill than most Common Loons. Again, the bird
was backlit and therefore all observations were made very difficult. I wish
that I would have had a scope at the time (though the bird was extremely active
and would have been difficult to pinpoint).

This is what makes birding so challenging and fun-- and sometimes frustrating.

Good birding,

Jason Caddy

Minneapolis

j.ca...@hotmai.com

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.