And, speaking of harbingers of Spring, Horned Larks are indeed being seen "state-wide."

On Tuesday (3/3), we traveled across the state following a diagonal line northwest (on the less heavily trafficked roads) from Goodhue county in the southeast to our home county Otter Tail in the west- central part of the state. We saw Horned Larks somewhere in literally every single county we crossed. The heaviest concentration was seen along County Road 4 in Renville and Meeker counties with the largest single flock of about 50 seen near Cosmos. A delight!
--Dan & Sandy
--
Thimgans
Battle Lake MN