To: <MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 11:32 AM
Subject: [mou-net] We think an unusual bird!

Greetings:

We just got home from churdch and looked out our kitchen window,. I wa surprised to see many species of birds. BUT, one looked like a COMMON REDPOLL, with a piece of bread in its mouth. I called to Kirsten and she got the bird in her inoculrs and said, "It is not a piece of bread, it is a WHITE spot on top of the head. It looks like a COMMON REDPOLL with a WHITE SPOT on top of its head. Does that ever happen? Has any other prson seen a Common Redpoll with a white spot on the top of its head where it is usually a red spot?

Forest and Kirsten Strnad
Faribault, MN.