March 23, 2009

Spent the morning birding with a group in Dakota county.  Here are some of
the locations we stopped at and the species observed there.

Cliff Fen Park - We started here, but were unsuccessful in our try for
American Woodcock.
Spring Lake Park - Archery Range Trail System - We were able to see American
White Pelicans and all three types of Mergansers here, but there were only
Canada Geese present from 8:00 - 9:00am.
Prescott area - No waterfowl present, just lots of Ring-billed Gulls.
Hastings - Lake Rebecca - Great Egret, Great Blue Heron
Highway 47 and Goodwin Ave - Waterfowl - 1000+ Mallards, plus a few other
species of Ducks
170th St E & 180th St E - between Highway 52 and Goodwin Ave - Sandhill
Crane, Tundra Swan, plus a mix of 100s of Ducks.

Craig Mandel
egretc...@msn.com