Did a burn on my property near Miltona this weekend-New birds in
Douglas since last weekend are the following: R.T.Hummingbird, R.B.
Grosbeak, B. Oriole, Marsh Wren, Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher (at Carlos State
Park), Yellow Warbler, Am. Pipit, L.B. Dowitcher, Spotted S.P., Green Heron,
Warbling Vireo, Caspian Tern, a Juvenile Goshawk, and a (my first county)
Peregrine Falcon at the Osakis sewage ponds put about 350 Ring-billed Gulls
in the air. So far in Douglas I have seen YRWarbler, Yellow Warbler, Orange
Crowned Warbler and one Vireo species. I had Lincoln's Sp. and
White-Throated last Weekend but there have been NO White-Crowned or
Harris's, NO flycatchers of any kind. There were five Willets at Osakis and
eight shorebird species total.       There were 21 Cattle Egrets in the
usual cow-pasture off of the south end of Pelican Lake in Grant County.
The large pond at Albany has also been drawn down. Nothing exciting was
there but my FOY semi- Plover.

     John Ellis-St. Paul