From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:mou-...@lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of john c.
nelson
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:54 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Blessed Event

Turned on the camera this morning and there were 4 brand new baby
Eastern Bluebirds. They apparently hatched overnght. They all seem
healthy and are responding quickly to parents with food.
Her first egg was on 5/17, the fourth on 5/20, so they hatched in
exactly two weeks. These two birds wasted no time as the entire
process from their arrival at the box, nest building, laying, and
hatching
took place in about three weeks. Bob Dunlap speculated this may have
been a second nesting, I agree, as four eggs were less than we have
seen in the past also.
  John Nelson
Good Thunder MN