Hello all,

I check Purgatory periodically and haven't noticed any attempted nesting on
"Tern Island".  The problem with Purgatory is that it functions as the Eden
Prairie municipal storm water holding basin which limits it's utility as
nesting habitat.  Water levels in the wetland change dramatically after a good
rainfall and the island can disappear for days or even weeks at a time.  It was
underwater for at least several days earlier this summer after we had a couple
of good downpours in August.  I can't remember a recent year where the island
was above water for the entire summer.

Joel Claus

Eden Prairie