Spring is coming.  Last Saturday I stepped out of the house and heard a
Mourning Dove calling.  On Sunday, while driving around Dakota County I found
flocks of Horned Larks on all of the rural gravel roads.  Three out four Bald
Eagle nests had an eagle standing vigil.   I found a Great Horned Owl at Dodd
Road and I-494 in Mendota Heights.  The location is not very approachable, but
easily seen from Dodd Road.  Today (Thursday) I found my first Red-winged
Blackbird on territory as I drove the cloverleaf at I-394 and Highway 100.

The most interesting sighting was some cloud formations on the cool late
morning on Monday.  The sky was mostly clear, but the few small clouds had what
appeared to be snow streaming down from them.   The clouds looked remarkably
like flying jellyfish.  They were such small clouds to be have streaming
tentacles of snow hanging below.

swest...@comcast.net