This morning, at about 8:00 while doing my IBA survey of the Minnehaha Falls
area, I had three Mourning Warblers calling from the brush on both sides of the
driveway leading down to Lock & Dam #1.

Got a great look at one when it finally came forward in the brush (this one
happened to be on the river side of the driveway).

As an aside, the ambient noise (traffic, airplanes, etc) was terrible. Hard for
me to even ID the call at first because only the loudest portions of the song
penetrated the racket.  Ironically, last night I started an excellent book on
the topic of noise pollution: One Square Inch of Silence (2009). Very relevant
for birders!

Diana Doyle
S. Minneapolis