We have a pair every summer on our little lake in Minnetonka, and I think
there is sometimes a population on Lake Minnetonka. As for flyovers, I have
heard and seen loons overhead on summer mornings. I don't know if they are
our residents or others. I imagine that loons on small lakes like ours take
advantage of several sites to feed, especially when they don't have to care
for chicks.

Christine