Greetings from the MOU Education committee:
We are hard at work finalizing the details for this year's MOU State Fair
Booth.  Now we need YOUR help.  Please consider signing up for a shift at the
MOU booth. This year, the fair will be from August 26 through September 6
(mnstatefair.org/_)  Two volunteers will be needed for each of three, 4 hour
shifts daily for the 10 days of the fair.  The shifts are (9:00AM-1:00PM,
1:00-5:00PM and 5:00-9:00PM. The 9:00AM volunteer team will set up and the
5:00PM volunteer team will return the booth materials to the DNR building.
Volunteers need only convey their birding enthusiasm and answer questions
about bird species, conservation, etc.  More details will be sent to you when
you sign up for a shift.  A free pass to the fair is an incentive we can
offer, so before or after your 4 hour shift, you will be able to indulge in
this year's "on a stick" specialty and other fair amenities. This year, we
have made the booth more attractive to visitors with interactive displays.
One is a fantastic touch screen computer that will enable you to pull up the
MOU website to show fair-goers the latest bird photos or zero in on a birding
location through Google Earth.  Rich Peet is hard at work putting the final
details on this terrific display. Thomas Maiello is hard at work designing an
interactive spinning- wheel bird quiz for kids ( and adults, also)  We will
still have our field guides on hand, but you are welcome to bring along your
favorite guides.  If you have good bird guides/books that you would like to
bring and donate to the MOU booth, please let us know.  We will also have the
popular bird stamp and non-toxic ink pads for the kids. and our MOU
membership brochures and checklists.  There are two ways to sign up for a
shift. One is on Google Calendar.
1 Go_www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com)
2. Click "Sign In" on the top right hand corner of your screen.
3. Sign in using "mouvolunteer" as your "email" and "ilovemou" as your
password
4. Click the "more" drop down menu item located at just about the G in Google
along the top of your screen.
5.  Click "Calendar" from the drop down menu.
6.  You will see a calendar centered on today's date.  Scroll through until
you get to August 26th 2010 where you will start to see the MOU booth shifts
in red.
7.  Click on the shift that you want to sign up for.  I find that clicking on
the actual word "Shift 1"(or 2 or 3) is the quickest and easiest.
8.  Write your name after "shift 1, 2, or 3", in the "what" box at the top of
the form.
9. Click "save"
10. Log out (on top right hand corner of the screen).

OR email Jen or Thomas and tell us what shift you want.
 Jen Vieth: jenni...@carpenternaturecenter.org
 Thomas Maiello: tho...@angelem.com
--
Boreal Access Web Mailer