(Not sure how interesting this is to others, but since I'd never seen
one before, I thought there may be some others interested as well)

Sunday afternoon I took a walk around the bass ponds at MN valley NWR
and saw a single black tern mixed in with a large flock of swallows
skimming over the water.  The tern was fishing over long meadow lake
right where there is a clearing that overlooks a water inlet from the
bass pond.  Gorgeous bird.

Other birds observed in the area included a pair of Yellow-throated
Vireos, a Belted Kingfisher, Indigo Bunting, a couple Eastern Kingbirds,
and the trio of the usual warblers (Common Yellowthroat, Yellow, and
American Redstart)