Next weekend is the three day shorebird workshop that Bob Janssen and I put on
each year. We just had a couple of cancellations so if anyone is interested in
attending on this short notice let me know.

I have been scouting west central MN for suitable habitat / shorebirds. The
locations are very limited but the good ones are REALLY good this year. I am
finding the usual shorebirds. Note worthy ones are Buff-breasted and Stilt
Sandpipers at Cory Lake (thanks to Curt Vacek for the MOU posting on 7-26)
located 7 miles south of Madison. The slough 1 mile southwest of Rosen had a
few Short-billed Dowitchers. Salt Lake is brim full of water now so no
shorebirds except both Wilson's and a few Red-necked Phalaropes.

Happy birding,
Doug Buri
Milbank, SD