I checked the Highway 26 overlook at roughly 3 PM and roughly 7PM today
(Sunday), but was unable to relocate the possible Laughing Gull.  There were
still many Ring-billed Gulls in the area, but the largest flocks seemed to be
on more distant islands, and it was hard to make anything out.  I think some
other birders tried for the bird and failed as well.

On a more positive note, I found 5 species of shorebirds at some sod farms just
north of Hokah:

Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs
Solitary Sandpiper
Killdeer

The sod farm can be reached by turning east off MN 16 on a gravel road opposite
Lorenz Road.  This is between Houston CR 7 and Houston CR 21.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN