Back from my hiatus, there was scattered activity at Carver Park mainly with
what you would expect for late September.   The most unusual bird of the day
was not at the park but at the edge of Assumption Lake, a Henslow's Sparrow.
 There were still 2 Red-necked Grebes and a couple Gadwall on the lake but not
much else.    A Palm Warbler and Marsh Wren were also at the edge of the lake.
 I also saw a Merlin along a rural county road.   Yesterday evening at the
arboretum there were Virginia Rail, Blue-headed Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet,
Hermit Thrush, Brown Thrasher,  Nashville, Yellow-rumped, Black and White
Warbler, Redstart, Yellowthroat, and Lincoln's Sparrow.    At the Chaska Par
30(golf course), there were Ring-billed and Franklin's Gulls, but they were not
around this morning.

Carver Park count

Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Blue-headed Vireo 1