From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:mou-...@lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of Michael
Hendrickson
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2010 12:22 AM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Making a Bird List Question

Hello:

I am I just downloaded a complete list of birds of United States into Excel.
was wondering if anyone knows how to create a list on excel so that if I add
"X" or color in that cell next to that bird species there will be a number
telling me how many birds I seen for United States, Minnesota and St. Louis
County.  I created columns for each of those items.  I am a little puzzled
on
how to the rest.  I know there are birders who created their own excel bird
lists and I would be interested in hearing from those that have done so and
if
they can give me some help to create the list.  I know it would easier to
buy
some bird listing program but I rather not or use some external listing
program
out there but I prefer to learn to use excel in creating bird lists.

Thanks so much

Merry Christmas to all

Mike

Mike Hendrickson