Greetings everyone,

After being home with a sick child on this glorious day, I decided to brave the
dirt road of Carlos Avery this evening in my Minivan. I made it. The trip was
great and I got some great photographs! Here is a list of what I saw today.

Canadian Geese - many
Sandhill Cranes - several
Coots - plentiful
Ring-Necked Ducks - 6
Mallards - several pairs
American Tree Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Great Blue Heron - 1
Imm. Bald Eagle - 1
Last but not least...possible Cooper's Hawk - we startled each other but it was
definitely a very small raptor, light gray in color. Unfortunately the only
picture I got was a blurry back end as he was flying away.

If it rains, I would not travel through Carlos Avery - the roads were very wet
and muddy in some spots today. Also there is water right level with the road in
some of the wooded spots. It was passable today with my front wheel drive but I
wouldn't try it again, especially after a rainfall.

Michelle