I will be leading a MRVAC field trip concentrating on the grassland birds of
Dakota County.  We will meet at Schaar's Bluff unit of Spring Lake Park west of
Hastings at 7am.   We will bird at the park for about an hour and then jump
into the cars and drive out looking for birds.  This is a easy walk mostly
drive birding.  No reservations are needed and all are welcome.  Stay as long
as you want and bring lunch if you want to continue into the afternoon.  I will
be the last person birding.  Target birds:  bobolink, both Meadowlarks, Orchard
Oriole (anybody know where they are?), Brewer's Blackbird, Swainson's Hawk,
sparrows (Lark, Grasshopper, Savanah, Vesper), Gray Partridge (unlikely), Bank
Swallows.

Steve Weston