First, I highly encourage everyone who hasn't attended the Sax-Zim Bog Winter
Bird Festival to check it out.

The TMDB Board and Mike have done a great job in bringing awareness to the Bog.
I have been involved all four years, taught a bird photography course for two
years and was the keynote speaker last year.And Friends of Sax-Zim Bog will
have a table there. There is also a link on our website www.SaxZim.orgHere is
the registration link:http://sax-zimbog.com/birding-festival/registration/

As far as the Sax-Zim Bog Birder/Photographer Welcome Center, there is a real
need for a center where visitors of all types can come together and experience
the bog. Anyone who has ever visited the Bog can agree that a facility would be
very welcome. Details of the building and location will be updated on the
website www.SaxZim.org when they become available.

The other part of our mission is bog preservation....To that end we will be
purchasing prime Black Spruce/Tamarack bog lands as they become available or in
partnership with other agencies. Logging will be continuing on county tax
forfeited land. If there is no "birdable bog" (along roads) the visitors will
stop coming.

A Bog Boardwalk will allow visitors, locals and school groups to get out IN a
bog and experience the magic and mystery of the plants and animals. Mike first
pitched this idea for a boardwalk and it is a good one.

We are working with local/regional legislators, commissioners on this project.
We thank the TMDB (Toivola-Meadowlands Development Board) and Mike (and many
others) for their signed Letters of Support on behalf of this project.

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797
218.341.3350 cell