Yes Bill, et al,

Michael is not naive and knows (as was mentioned on the listserv last year)
this list serv is public and pretty much anyone can lurk and that not all
of them are birders.  And also, not all who take advantage of this list
have a decent (let alone good) set of ethics when it comes to protecting
the welfare of birds (99% non-birders in my guesstimation).

I think his concern is similar to giving a criminal your house keys and
expecting nothing bad to happen....please note my second quote regarding
this matter...

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

*A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - **Lucius
Annaeus Seneca*
----