I do feed mice to owls, and for me, in regards to the way that I go about it, I
have no ethical dillemas.
I started doing this last year and will continue to do it in the future.  I
also feed seeds to chickadees,
suet to woodpeckers, potica to crows, and trail mix to gray jays.  I will
continue to do that as well.
I don't think asking about double standards in regards to posting locations of
owls and posting locations
of rarities is "ridiculous".  There are more than a few seemingly double
standards in the birding
community and I find myself curious, so I ask for feedback.  I think there has
been some excellent
discussion and feedback regarding posting the location of owls, and I respect
and appreciate that.
Thank you to all who have entered into the discussion.  My apologies to those
who cannot nor ever
will accept my offering live mice to owls.  My interactions with wildlife are
very personal and not
meant to offend anyone else at large.
Regards,
Shawn Zierman.