Saw one Common Gallinule on Wildlife Drive on Big Bluestem Pool, by water
control structure.  One Coot was swimming along the edge of cattails, when
gallinule came out and chased it away. Gallinule then went back behind it’s
blind and waited for another chance to defend it’s territory. After second
chase it went north across channel from  water structure.
 Also think I saw a Le Conte’s Sparrow on the Wildlife Drive on the Prairie
Trail.  Just after clearing the bushes a sparrow flushed from middle of
sedge meadow on my left. Flew across meadow and landed in small bush at
the weed line. Could only see buffy color on cheeks and dark eyes. Did not
move until Common Yellow-throat attacked it, then disappeared into weeds.
Was raining and couldn’t see good enough, but probably going to look for it
again.
And on way to Sherburne, checked for Western Kingbirds in Ramsey, Mn.
Found a pair where they were last year, Between Ramsey Blvd.-CR 56 and
Armstong Blvd.-CR 83 on US Hwy 10, southside of highway.
Joe Conley