Now that's a bit of deja vu! It was only 2 or 3 years ago that I was sent
by the Raptor Center to rescue a Peregrine juvenile in the same area. That
time, the bird was dangerously close to the river, by the bike-path
fencing; some bicyclists and passers-by helped me "herd" it against the
brick wall across from the parking area so I could capture it safely.

The timing of the Friday incident is interesting. Another birder reported
having seen, to her dismay, that a crew of workers with high-power
equipment was apparently cleaning the bridge-supports. Does anyone know the
MNDOT policies regarding nesting raptors in such a situation?

Linda Whyte