Again with this qualifier that it may be old news to the locals, but these
were my first cardinals, singing or not, in Duluth since 2010. The song
attracted me over to the thicket, behind the row of crab apple trees, as I
was jogging along Park Point between the playground and the last few
houses. Another cardinal responded to the first one over nearer the beach.
And these are birds that will come check you, the human prowler, out when
you go peeking at them (unlike a Connecticut warbler...)

*Tanya Beyer  - d.b.a. Epiphanies Afield, Natural History Art from the
North American heartland
*

See and order note cards, frameable prints and original art at:

   http://www.etsy.com/shop/EpiphaniesAfield

Artworks can be viewed at mnartists.org - search by name: Tanya Beyer
 Want a signature like mine?
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=21&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_21>