Hi everyone,  Andy Nyhus and I were heading south from Northfield after
dropping off Gene Bauer at home, when we stopped at a pond along the west side
of Hwy. 3 in an area known as Comus, to look through the geese. Here, we
located 7 Greater White-fronted Geese mixed in with all of the Canadas and
around 15 or so Cackling Geese. We were very surprised to see them at this
date.   Also of interest were approximately 7 LeConte's Sparrows at daybreak in
the Rice County section of the Carleton Arboretum, known as the "Lower Arb."
Good birding! Dave BartkeyFaribault,MN