Besides the continuing presence of the Cassin's Kingbird in Grand Marais and
yesterday's discovery of the Yellow-breasted Chat in Duluth (nice find, Tim!),
there were several other birds of note along the North Shore seen by the Minn
Birding Weekends group this weekend (Nov 3-4), which I don't think have been
posted in the last few days. Some of these include species found by others in
previous days:

- 2 Gr White-fronted, imm Ross's/hybrid, and Cackling geese still present at
Bayfront Park in Duluth (if not on the lawn by the stage, look in the weedy
field just to the W of the park)

- White-winged Scoters at Paradise Beach, Lutsen Sea Villas, and Burlington Bay
in Two Harbors (also Long-tailed Ducks at various locations)

- Golden Eagle migrating over Taconite Harbor

- Red-bellied Woodpecker still present in Grand Marais (seen today at 6th Ave W
and 3rd St)

- Black-backed Woodpecker near the E end of Brighton Beach in Duluth

- Mountain Bluebird still present in Two Harbors (look along the hiking trail E
of the Edna G or the parallel gravel road going E to 3rd St)

- Townsend's Solitaire ~ΒΌ mile from the W end of the Croftville Rd (just E of
Grand Marais)

- N Mockingbird still present in Grand Marais (usually within a block or so
of3rd Ave E and 2nd St)

- Bohemian Waxwings in mostly small groups in Grand Marais

- late Com Yellowthroat at the pond by the former MN DOT garage E of Silver Bay

- Hoary Redpolls at 2 locations: 2 along the E breakwater at Grand Marais, and
1 at Lutsen Sea Villas

On the down side, we found no Surf or Black scoters, no Thayer's or other
uncommon gulls, no Boreal Chickadees, very few sparrows, just a couple of Pine
Grosbeaks, and surprisingly no Red or White-winged crossbills.

There were several other birders along the North Shore this weekend, including
Mike Hendrickson's group, and perhaps they can add to the list above with other
species of note which we did not see.  -Kim

Kim R Eckert
ecker...@gmail.com
http://www.mbwbirds.com