Hi,

While birding around Sleepy Eye I found a few late birds of interest.  There's
a first year male Baltimore Oriole visiting feeders at a home along the
Cottonwood river in Iberia (a few miles SSW of Sleepy Eye).  The property
owners stopped by to ask what I was doing and told me it's been around for 3
weeks now.  This was a birdy spot. There was also a male Purple Finch and 3
Common Redpolls landed in some nearby trees.  I also found a winter plumaged
Stilt Sandpiper foraging at the Sleepy Eye WTP's, along with a Pectoral
Sandpiper.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye