I haven't seen anyone else post about Kaposia Landing recently. I headed
out there this morning and the biggest treats were three American White
Pelicans on the point where the warm wastewater flow comes into the river.
I expected the other species but not those. It is a good distance across
the river so a spotting scope would be nice. I unfortunately didn't have
one with me.

There were also hundreds of mallards, 40+common mergansers, common
goldeneyes, 6 bald eagles, crows, rock pigeons, and 60 some Canada Geese.
Without the scope I could not tell if there were other species hiding out.

If you are not familiar with Kaposia Landing you can find it with this map.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=kaposia+landing+south+st+paul&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=Kaposia+Landing,+South+St+Paul,+Dakota,+Minnesota+55075&gl=us&t=h&z=15

~Kirk Mona
www.twincitiesnaturalist.com