For those of us who use eBird, there's a great app, Bird Log, that
allows us to plug our sightings directly into eBird from our iPhone or
iPad. And we can see what's been reported to eBird, from Minnesota or
anywhere else, with the BirdsEye app. That's a great help when
traveling.

Best, Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM, David Cahlander <da...@cahlander.com> wrote:
> An application for your "smartphone" has been added to the MOU web site for
> entering records of sightings.  It is a "Beta" version, that has been checked
> out with several smartphones and browsers.  To access this application click
> on
>
>     http://moumn.org/m
>
> with your smartphone.  Or go to http://moumn.org and click on
>
>     Reporting Birds -> Smartphone Reporting
>
> In order to use this in the field, you need to access the above location
> while your phone has an Internet connection.  However to use the application,
> you do not need an Internet connection.  The application is designed to
> accept observations while you are in the field, with or without an Internet
> connection.  Report the observations to MOU (by just clicking the MOU button)
> when you are done birding for the day.
>
> Phones that it works on: iPhone, Android.
> The application does not work on a Windows phone.
>
> Compatable Browsers: Apple Safari, Android browser, Chrome
> Non-compatable Browsers: IE-8, Firefox
>
> Please report problems (or feature requests) directly to me (not to mou-net).
>
> Thanks.
> ---
> David Cahlander da...@cahlander.com Burnsville, MN 952-894-5910

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after
the winter.

            —Rachel Carson