Because I use calls and others use tapes to get the owls to respond, I want to
minimize their exposure to disturbance.  And using artificial calls of any kind
is not a disturbance?

As it was, we exposed the Screech Owl to predation by a Great-horned.   I'm
always amazed at how much credit people give themselves.

I'm sorry, but this is extremely irritating.  If I'm not mistaken, the
MOU-listserve is about sharing information. Call me naive, but I believe
mostbirders understand and have some ethics.  It is a past-time or passion that
is near and dear to a lot of heartsand no one I've ever met birding, would ever
jeopardize their well-being.

Just my two cents worth.

SandyKuder,
Anoka County